The route offers a close up view of the intimidating 400 meters north face of Vihren where a lot of options for mixed climbing reside. The mild technical difficulty along the ridge is also suitable for a satisfying ski-alpinism day. It combines proper mountaineering with high quality descent on skis from the summit. The 3 main lines of descent require different levels of skills covering everyrhing between advanced and expert.
Ascent of Dzhamdzhiev Ridge
Dzhamdzhiev Ridge is one of the iconic ridges in Pirin mountains. Ascending for a thousand vertical meters to the top of peak Vihren /2916m/ the ridge offers a varied climbing, moderate exposure and stunning views.
We depart from Bansko and arrive at Vihren hut after 1:30 hours of approach from the parking lot
With an early morning start we head for the ridge. The climb takes between 4 and 5 hours to the summit
*The route can be completed with an early start from Bansko as well
All items marked with * can be rented from the guide.
- Mountaineering boots with hard sole
- Crampons compatible with the boots*
- Classical ice axe*
- Climbing / glacial travel harness*
- Climbing helmet*
- 30l backpack
- Warm jacket
- Shell jacket
- Shell pants
- Winter base layer
- Thin 5 finger sturdy gloves
- Sunscreen & lip protection
- Personal items /prescription medicine; contact lenses; blister kit; maintenance equipment etc./
Guest House Lodging
- Spare socks; underwear; clothes
- Ear plugs
- Phone charger
- 1 person: 280 EUR
- 2 persona: 350 EUR
* The prices cover the guiding fee. Yours and the guide’s expenses for logistics and accommodation are on you.
* The prices may vary based on the length of the trip and the specific topics tailored for your personal preferences.
Having an insurance is mandatory for the booking. You must be insured for your chosen activity and the cover must include medical expenses, personal accident, personal liability, third party risks and rescue (including helicopter rescue). You are strongly advised also to opt for coverage against cancellations and curtailment as the outdoor activities are strongly dependent of constantly changing meteorological conditions
All programs of Vertical Vector are led by IFMGA mountain guides with substantial experience in the fields of skiing, climbing & mountaineering. The guide to client ratio for this trip is 1:2 for the Dent du Geant and 1:1 for Aretes de Rochefort
During the program we will sleep at Vihren hut. The hut offers cooked food and snacks for a low price. Alternatively - accommodation can remain in Bansko with an early start.
We can pick you up from the airport of Sofia or meet you directly at the parking for the hut where a short equipment check will be done before departure.
Cancelation by the client prior to the trip
If you book your Tour more than 30 days in advance, you will have a 48-hour span after booking to cancel and receive a full refund without any deductions. After that period of time, if you decide to cancel the Tour, you will have the possibility to do so in accordance with the following indemnity scheme (refunded or to be paid depending on whether the payment was made and received) plus covering the non-reimbursable expenses the Guide paid to organize the Tour.
- 100% refunded (or 0% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to the Guide up to 60 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 75% refunded (or 25% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to the Guide between 59 and 30 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 50% refunded (or 50% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to the Guide between 29 and 21 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 0% refunded (or 100% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to the Guide less than 21 days before the first day of the Tour.
Cancelation by the guide prior to the trip
If the guide receives injury, illness or is somehow unable to attend and also to find a replacement, he will reimburse the full amount of money invested by the client in the form of advance payment and other expenses like hut bookings. However the Guide would not cover your transportation costs (booked flight tickets, car rental, etc.) You are strongly advised to insure such investments.
Trip cancelation due to external circumstances
- In case of possible bad weather or unsuitable conditions recognized up to 7 days prior the trip, the guide will:
Propose a similar or different activity in line with the weather/conditions possibilities. If you refuse this option you will receive 0% refund.
- If similar activity is impossible and cancelation occurs, the guide is to be paid the minimum daily fee (380EUR) for each day canceled.
Trip cancelation on terrain
In case of unexpected or unforeseen weather / terrain conditions or client skill deficiency, the Guide keeps the right to cancel the trip in order to guarantee safety. In this case you will receive 0% refund unless the Guide offers you otherwise. If there is mutual agreement of cancelation due to bad weather the day before the guide is to be paid the minimum daily fee for each day canceled.