What is Vertical Vector?
Vertical Vector is a company providing professional guiding and coaching services in the fields of mountaineering, climbing, skiing and expeditions.
How can I book a trip on Vertical Vector?
- Go to verticalvector.eu and browse through our listed programs
- Once you’ve set your mind on a specific adventure, click “book now” to start the checkout process
- After a brief account registration you will be able to make a payment
- We will get back to you to discuss your trip details within 3 working days after receiving your booking request
What payment options do you have?
We provide the following payment options:
- Credit/Debit card. For payment processing we use Stripe to guarantee maximum security for your payment.
- Bank transfer
Company name: Vertical Vector
IBAN: BE73 9670 5204 0260
Bank code (SWIFT / BIC): TRWIBEB1XXX
Bank name: Wise
Address: TransferWise Europe SA, Avenue Marnix 13-17, Brussels 1000, Belgium
- Cash. This payment method is only available for some of the trips
Who will guide my trip?
Your trip will be guided by certified mountain guides working with Vertical Vector. Most of our guides hold the most recognized international certificates in their respective fields - IFMGA for mountain guides and UIMLA for mountain leaders. Some have country specific licences.
Can I book a trip that is not listed on your website?
We are fully flexible to the requests of our customers, so feel free to contact us if you want to create a custom trip which is not listed on our website.
Can we make changes to existing programs listed on your website?
We can discuss and accommodate your requests for itinerary alterations if they are aligned with guides’ availability and safety policy.
Do I need insurance?
Having insurance is mandatory for making a booking with Vertical Vector. Choose insurance that covers the activity you chose, including medical expenses, personal accident, personal liability, third party risks and rescue (including helicopter rescue). Please, also include coverage against cancellations and curtailment as the outdoor activities are strongly dependent on constantly changing weather conditions.
Do you arrange travel and accommodation?
Currently we do not arrange travel and accommodation but feel free to contact us for advise if necessary.
What equipment will I need for the trip?
Full equipment list is provided in your program description under the Equipement tab. You can find an example here.
Can I rent equipment from you?
You can rent some of the needed equipment from us. All rentable equipment is marked with a * in the Equipment tab of your chosen program.
What happens if I need to cancel my trip?
If you have booked your tour 30 days in advance, you will have a 48-hour span to cancel and receive a full refund. After that period the following indemnity scheme applies:
- 100% refund if the cancellation is sent in writing to [email protected] up to 60 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 75% refund if the cancellation is sent in writing to [email protected] between 59 and 30 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 50% refund if the cancellation is sent in writing to [email protected] between 29 and 21 days before the first day of the Tour.
- 0% refund if the cancellation is sent in writing to [email protected] less than 21 days before the first day of the Tour.
What happens if the guide cancels my trip due to unsuitable weather conditions?
In case of unsuitable weather conditions forecasted a few days before the trip, we will propose a similar or different activity, depending on what is possible for your booked dates. If the client declines the proposed alternative options they are entitled to 0% refund. If they accept the alternative trip just the itinerary will change. If similar or any activity is not possible and cancellation occurs due to safety reasons, the guide is to be paid the minimum daily fee (380EUR) for each day cancelled.
In the case of unexpected bad weather or terrain conditions or insufficient client skill during the course of the trip, the Guide reserves the right to cancel the trip in order to guarantee your safety. In this case the client receives 0% refund unless the Guide offers otherwise.
What happens if my guide cancels the trip due to personal reasons?
If the guide cancels due to personal reasons and we are unable to find a replacement for your trip, we will reimburse the full amount of money invested by the client for advance payments. However we would not cover your transportation and accommodation costs (booked flight tickets, car rental, etc.) You are strongly advised to get insurance for those.
Can I join an existing group for a trip?
If you want to join a larger party, feel free to contact us and we will explore all options to accommodate your request.